Mumbai, India. 15 September, 2018
In the recent years, the colour pink has made a comeback. Shedding its ultra-feminine and cutesy avatar, its now walking into neutral and classy.
Pink has been stereotyped for years as the colour for women, but it has been rebranded for 2018. There is millennial pink, which you can't get your eyes off, fuschia pink, hot pink, champagne pink, pale pink, glittery pink - all are making a statement. Moreover there power suits in pink too which screams power at its loudest.
All the top designers have showcased pink at their recent shows be it Gucci, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs or Valentino. Even Indian bridal fashion saw the return of pink in its pastel form this season.
How I styled my pink -
1. I got my pink dress from Koovs. Its an asymmetric high-low dress. I wore my mom's necklace as the green coloured beads were reflecting well against pink. Also I have kept the makeup minimal, using nude lipstick, eyeliner and blush.
Dress - koovs.com
Shoes - Zara
Bag - Michael Kors
Necklace - Mom's closet
2. In the next look when I was on a holiday, I used my huge pink boho earrings on my yellow romper. Also, I wore my pink shoes with the outfit as they were going well with my earrings. I made a half bun and I was ready for the day.
Romper - shein.in
Earrings - h&m
Shoes - Stradivarius
How you can wear it -
1. Wear it as a jacket or blazer. They look fun and cool.
2. Pair your pink with white, silver, golden, black or grey.
3. Have it in small sizes like earrings or a sling bag.
4. Wear it in your shoes to make a statement.
5. Power suit in overall pinks, speak power, business and seriousness.
So, when are you getting your pink?